Sunday, January 07, 2007

A red-letter year

I can tell that 2007 is going to be the best year yet. Call me foolishly optimistic, but I have this sense of hopefulness, and of excited anticipation. I can't wait to see where this year takes me. I am excited to see how my life is going to change in the next 12 months. Or 11.75 months, I suppose. At any rate, I feel like this weekend was indicative of my reasoning for feeling this way. Because I'm lazy, another list:

1. Overate Korean Barbeque like it was my job.
2. Talked in a ridiculous Appalachian mountain accent for about four hours.
3. Laughed so hard that my stomach seriously hurt the next day.
4. Watched three trashy action movies.
5. Walked outside in the sunshine. In January. YES!
6. Talked to most of my friends on the telephone at least once.
7. Practiced for the first time in about a month.
8. Cleaned my house.
9. Drank a bottle of my current favorite white wine.
10. Ate chips and queso, and promptly felt disgusting.
11. Watched my cat do the most bizarre-o new thing, which mostly involves staring at his reflection in the tv and talking to himself.
12. Listened to about 15 cds.
13. Told one of my students that I am no longer willing to drive to San Carlos (40 minutes away) to teach only her in the middle of the day on Sunday. And succeeded in moving her to Saturdays, with everyone else.
14. Prepared myself for the onslought of work the next two weeks.
15. Took a bath.
16. Talked to Sis in England.

The next three are happening this evening, but I feel they should be included anyway:
17. Making fajitas.
18. Having my friend over for dinner while he visits from NYC.
19. Playing Mozart flute quartets. In a bar. Like a rockstar!!!

Now, that's what I call a great few days. Onward and upward, 2007!

No comments: