Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's 4 a.m.

I woke up in a cold sweat about an hour ago. I don't remember what I was dreaming about, but whatever it was caused me to sit straight up in bed, fully awake and breathing as though I'd just run a marathon. I need sleep. I need to go back to sleep. And, true to form, whenever I need sleep the most, it eludes me.

My cats are both passed out, taking up half the bed. One of them (I can't tell which) is snoring, little sighing sounds at two-second intervals. Occasionally, one wakes up and moves to a different spot, still as close to me as possible, circles, lies down, and conks out again. I wish I were a cat right now.

Come on, Sleep! Let's get this party started. For the love.

Anyone want to hit me upside the noggin with a baseball bat? I'll pay you...

No comments: