Saturday, January 13, 2007

A music meme (Or, I Apparently Have A Sarah McLachlan Problem)

First, I should state for the record that I rarely use my iTunes as a music-playing device, primarily due to the fact that my speakers are absolute shit. A much more accurate count will be posted tomorrow, using my iPod.


Open iTunes. Click on the column header for "Play Count." What are the top 5 songs?

1. Fallen, Sarah McLachlan. 151 plays.
2. Wishful Thinking, Duncan Sheik. 133 plays. (Um, WHAT? I don't even remember the last time I listened to this song...)
3. White Flag, Dido. 109 plays.
4. Dirty Little Secret, Sarah McLachlan. 109 plays.
5. Last Goodbye, Jeff Buckley. 107 plays.

I should also state that, of the top 20 songs, TWELVE of them were Sarah McLachlan. You should know this, so you can tell someone when I am hospitalized for an overdose.

Click the column header for "Last Played." What are the first 5 songs?


1. Brighter Discontent, The Submarines.
2. It'll All Work Out, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
3. 9 Crimes, Damian Rice.
4. Over My Head, The Fray.
5. Fools in Love, Inara George.

Click on the "Party Shuffle." What are the first 5 songs?


1. Son of a Preacher Man, Dusty Springfield.
2. Right Between the Eyes, Garbage.
3. The Freshmen, The Verve Pipe.
4. Northern Sky, Nick Drake.
5. I Alone, Live.

Click on the column header for "Year." What are the first 5 albums of 1994?


1. Under the Pink, Tori Amos.
2. Wildflowers, Tom Petty.
3. Strong Enough, Sheryl Crow.
4. Fumbling Towards Ecstacy, Sarah McLachlan.
5. When I Woke, Rusted Root.

Look at the bottom of your iTunes window. How many days of music do you have?

I have... ready?... 11.6 days of music on my computer. And most of my CDs are not actually on my iTunes. That is the kind of sickness we're talking about here, people. 11.6 days of music that I don't actually listen to that much, due to my shit speakers.

Additionally, I should also mention that all this talk of Sarah McLachlan has caused me to put one of her CDs on my stereo, just for good measure. Because, apparently, I don't already listen to her enough.

Ten points for me!

No comments: