Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Saga of a failed post

So far this morning I've written three posts, and all three have been, shall we say, sub par. Which, I should add, is one of the oddest ways to say that something is less than stellar. In golf, which I think is the sport that the word "par" references, isn't it good to be below par?

The reality is that there is very little to say. Life is good, generally. I'm slowly starting to figure out my job, a refreshing step in a more interesting direction. This is also a positive thing, because my office just suspended access to internet sites that provide instant messaging and email.

It was odd being in San Francisco for September 11. Having lived in the South since 2001, I've always had to face a barrage of people using 9/11 as their moment for pushing a political agenda. People here barely seemed to register that this was the five-year anniversary of such a horrible day. Frankly, I found it refreshing. Each year was almost like reliving the horror of watching it on the news. Maybe that makes me unpatriotic, or a bad person. I just don't want to keep watching it over and over.

I have now managed to spend nearly an hour to write what may be the most boring post ever. Nevertheless, rules of blogging state that a post, once started, must be published, and I am nothing if not a diligent follower of the law. Never fear, I'll attempt to post again later and perhaps recover some of my dignity.

2 comments:

Mair said...

It blocked ALL Internet-related e-mail? Lame! You can log onto IM on meebo.com, though, if that's not blocked. ;-)

Sandy said...

Johnny come lately with the comment, but googlemail lets you chat inside the broswer window when you're logged in.
That's how I survived le DuPont.