Friday, September 15, 2006

Another Day Of Fun, Brought to You by MUNI

We all know that I love MUNI. I love walking out the door in the morning, hopping on the bus, and not having to worry about parking. I love watching all the random people sitting on the bus. I get a good laugh out of people in costumes, and I am continually amazed by the many women who do their makeup on the bus without even smudging their mascara. (Hell, I can't even do that while standing still in front of my bathroom mirror!)

I do not, however, love waiting for the bus, climbing on board, riding it for about ten minutes, and then getting kicked off with all the other passengers with no explanation. I especially do not love this phenomenon when I am already running late, the next bus will not arrive for another 20 minutes, and the nearest alternative route takes ten minutes to walk to.

Oh MUNI, why have you forsaken me?

2 comments:

Mair said...

You know what I love? This sentence: "I get a good laugh out of people in costumes" and the effortless way you just dropped it in there, as if it fit with the rest of the average American's riding-the-bus experience.

Sandy said...

I'm proud of you for riding the bus.