Monday, February 19, 2007

Hi, I'm a girl.

So here's the thing. Most members of my reading audience are men. At least, most of the people who I know are reading the blog are men. And boys, you may want to bypass this one. I'm about to share a lot of information about girl stuff that you probably never wanted to know about me. And it will probably horrify you to your core, because we don't talk about this stuff. EVER.

1. I've finally found a birth control pill that doesn't seem to be turning me into a crazy person or a blimp. Hoorah! Sure, I've gained the obligatory two pounds, and my boobs look fairly gigantic (at least, to me...), but I seem to still be able to wear all of my usual clothes, and I haven't cried every freaking five minutes since starting this pill. I can only stress to you how unusual this is for me. I believe that this is pill brand number 9 or 10, and I really was about to give up. Needless to say, I am a happy camper about this.

2. Having read from several of you (whose entries on the subject I can no longer find... GAH) about the wonders of the bikini wax, I have to say that I'm curious. I may go and do some research today. The unique thing about my neighborhood in San Francisco is that there's a chinese salon on every single corner that offers this service for next to nothing. We're talking ten bucks, here. But do I really want a bargain-basement bikini waxing? I'm not sure. I think the answer is no.

3. Stacy's assessment of Victoria's Secret versus the small lingerie boutique has rocked my world, and I am sooooo excited for my first paycheck at the new job. Dare I say it? I'm waiting to meet the bra that is going to change my life. Vicky has been good to me over the years, but I've recently become thoroughly disenchanted with her. It makes me ill to spend $40+ on a bra that itches after two washings and still shows under every damn t-shirt that I own. I'm also annoyed by the fact that I cannot seem to shop there without getting mowed down by 16-year-olds and their moms buying sexier lingerie than I have ever owned. I find that more than a little bit disturbing. I think my mom would pass out if she knew that I even owned a thong at the tender, virginal age of 26.

That's all.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Have you ever considered an IUD? It's a fairly invasive procedure but has a pretty nice success rate. Plus there's no remembering to take any pills.

check out the Wikipus on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IUD

And, while I don't wear bras, I've learned that Victoria's secret bras are terrible terrible things. Like you said, they're expensive and fall apart easily. Getting a good bra can change your life from what I've seen.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I definitely would not recommend a bargain basement wax. I finally found a good bikini waxer in Philly - by googling "best Brazilian bikini wax"! Gotta love The Google! Also: I recommend taking three Ibuprofen an hour before you go. And maybe having some gin & tonics before and after, too.

Poppy said...

I went off the pill in December and now my sex drive is outta control (in a good way), I'm no longer depressed, and I'm able to maintain my weight successfully. I don't think I'll be going back on it. I tried three different pills and none of them worked well.

Congrats on finding something that works for you!

Stefanie said...

I have the opposite readership on my blog--if there are more than three men reading, I have no idea about it. It's all girls as far as I can tell.

And 16-year-olds buying sexy lingerie with their mothers has always disturbed me, too. It was white bras and cotton underwear for me when my mom was footing the bill!