Monday, August 21, 2006

Every new beginning

So those of you who've been reading this blog may have noticed, but I've been in a really poopy mood lately. After a variety of moderately traumatizing run-ins with a wide assortment of friends and former friends, I've come to one conclusion:

It is time to get with the program and chill the hell out.

Yes, it is sad to let go of the past. But hey, there's a reason it is in the past. Call me niave, but I have to believe that there is more to life than pining over what might have been. The time has come (okay, so it came about a month ago) when being pissed off at the world has run its course. Beginning right now I am finished being angry and hurt and scared and all that bullshit that comes with the always awkward experience that is breaking up.

To quote a dangerously "emo" pop song (and no, I'm not sure which one it is, but I've definitely heard it...), I'm standing on the edge of everything I've never been before.

1 comment:

Mair said...

It's OK to let that stuff get you down, for a while. Everyone does. It's this part that matters -- the dusting yourself off, the making a decision to take control again. Good for you, my dear.

Also, I seriously want to come visit. Like, now. Like, let's talk.